The IIMB History Project is an initiative to document the evolution of IIMB since its inception. The project is envisaged as a multi-pronged exercise with regular outputs, leading up to a comprehensive institutional account of IIMB. We visualise that a series of manuscripts and video/audio outputs will be published over the next few years, covering different aspects and themes, leading up to a comprehensive history of IIMB ahead of its Golden Jubilee in 2023.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
To work closely with the members of the History Project team and other in-house and outsourced functionaries to support all the activities of the project
To participate in the design, research, administration and monitoring ofthe different outputs
The activities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Archival research in print documents, online and Web resources and audio-visual (photograph and video) repositories
- Documentation of the outputs of the research and different initiatives as required — generating reports, templates, handling databases
- Handling Web initiatives – co-ordinating with internal and external functionaries
- Handling interviews and interactions with identified resource persons
- Editing articles, transcribing and maintaining qualitative data such as interviews and discussions
- Co-ordination of various activities, arranging meetings, follow ups, preparing minutes and tasks as required
- Following up with vendors and outsourced partners
- Interaction and independent correspondence with internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Any other work, as assigned from time to time
Key Skills / Abilities/Knowledge required:
- Strong command over English language and grammar
- Good writing and editing skills; some familiarity with publishing protocols
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Teams as well as Zoom
- Good computer skills, understanding and experience of audio, video and web formats
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to maintain organized and accurate written and electronic records of all relevant work in the department and the results thereof
- Ability to multi-task and work on many prongs of the project simultaneously, to handle shifting timelines and deliverables
Experience and Educational qualification
- Candidate should be a post-graduate from a reputed institution, preferably in History, English Language/Literature, Economics or the Humanities. Graduates in other related disciplines, including Management may also be considered.
- Candidate should preferably have some experience in Documentation and Research.
- Candidate should have some experience in audio, video and web formats
- The Research Associate will report to one or more members of the team for based on the projects currently in process as is required.
This position is on contract. Designation and Compensation will be based on Institute norms and the applicant’s qualification and experience. Duration of contract as per Institute norms. Selected candidates should be in a position to take up the assignment immediately.
“The Institute follows the Reservation Policy of the Government of India for candidates belonging to OBC (Other Backward Classes), SC/ST (Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe), EWS (Economically Weaker sections) and PwD (Persons with Disability). If your Nationality is Indian or OCI/Dual Citizenship, please indicate in your application,which of the following categories you belong to: OBC, SC/ST, EWS, PwD, General”
Closing date for applications is August 31, 2020 Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated