About the organisation
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Established in 1961, the institute offers Masters Degree programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes.
A full-time contractual Research position is available with Professor M P Ram Mohan of the Strategy Area at IIMA, mainly working on legal research.
The position starts in October or November 2020. The initial term is for one year. This can be extended depending on the performance and interest of the candidate.
Areas of work
- Restatement of Contract Law
- Constitution, administrative state, regulation and business
- Company law, insolvency and bankruptcy, and competition
- Tort law: covering business and professional negligence
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), Sargam Marg, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015, India.
- Open to researching a diverse range of legal issues, and have the patience to read a number of books and articles relating to law, legal philosophy, legal theories, and commercial and business laws.
- Capacity to undertake serious research in a time-bound manner.
- Law graduate (3-year or 5-year course) or post-graduate in law. IIMA is a research-intensive environment.
During your stay, you will be able to interact with a range of faculty members and attend regular workshops by both residents as well as visiting faculty members.
The RA group is close-knit and participates in the social and cultural life of IIMA. You should consider yourself a good fit for this position if you think you might want to pursue a PhD and want to get some experience to see if a research career is for you.
Competitive with similar positions in India.
How to apply?
If interested, please email your CV and writing samples (short and long papers) to Ms Vishakha Raj: vishakhar[at]iima.ac.in.
Please mention “Research Position under Prof. M P Ram Mohan” in the subject line.
The last date to receive the email is October 15, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview. We will not send out letters/emails of rejection to other applicants. Applicants should assume that they have not been selected for the position if they don’t hear from us by 30 October 2020. Follow-up emails or telephone calls will not be entertained.