A competent and dynamic health workforce at the heart of each health system is essential to advance global health goals. Countries need to have a pool of health professionals who are trained and exposed to the systems and processes in the health sector and understand how stakeholders interact within the international health arena.
WHO as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building a diverse pool of future leaders in public health. WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO while enriching their knowledge and experience in the health field, thereby contributing to the advancement public health.
– You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
– You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply to the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
– You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment.
– You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field.
– You are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
– You are fluent at least in one of the working language of the office of assignment.
– You have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.
– You hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State.
How to apply?
Candidates from across the world are invited to express interest in specific areas of work and organizational locations (regional offices, country offices or headquarters).
All applications should be made through the vacancies posted on the WHO Careers site using the WHO corporate recruitment system (Stellis).
Apply now at:- https://www.who.int/careers/internships/en/