About the company
Non-faculty positions at the Centre for Education Innovation and Action Research (CEI&AR)The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad. Currently, the Institute offers 52 Masters’ Degree programmes and 18 M. Phil. and Ph. D. programmes in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas of Social Work, Social Sciences, Education, Public Policy, Public Health, Human Resource Management, Labour Studies, Media and Culture, Applied Psychology, Disaster Studies, and Habitat Studies. BA degree programs in Social Sciences and Social Work are also offered from its off-campuses. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and culture of the Institute facilitating strong linkages between teaching, research, field action and dissemination.
About the fellowship
TISS Field Action Research Fellow/ Senior Field Action Research Fellow Recruitment 2020: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) invites application for the position Field Action Research Fellow/ Senior Field Action Research Fellow etc. Read details, eligibility criteria mentioned below for the vacancy and eligible candidates can submit their application directly to TISS before 04-10-2020.
Post-graduates in Education/ Development Studies/ Social Work/ Social Entrepreneurship or equivalent from recognized institutions.
Experience (4-8 years):
4 years for Post-graduation and 2 years for MPhil/ Ph.D.Working with field teams involving coordination etc, preferably in school education.Project management and execution. Education Technology
Skills & Competencies:
Knowledge of field issues in education and familiarity with technology use in education. Project management and Ability to support field teams and partners .Written and verbal skills in English. Fluency in Telugu speaking is must, Telugu reading and writing will be of additional advantage. Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations. Ability to undertake extensive field travel and for extended periods of time. Knowledge and familiarity with technology and education technology and large-scale reform
Gross annual remuneration in the range of Rs.5 to 6 lakhs (starting 40,000 per month).
Hyderabad (Telangana) with frequent travel to intervention districts/schools and Mumbai/Bangalore and Delhi as and when required
Field Action Research Fellow/ Senior Field Action Research Fellow
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Engage with Education Technology based initiative for government schools and teacher professional development.
2. Work closely with the Implementation leads and coordinate with other groups of the project to plan, manage, execute, monitor, report and document and support the process of field implementation
3. Research and documentation on various themes of field intervention
4. Liase with government departments for implementation, expansion, collaborations
5. Co-ordinate/ organizing orientations/programs, as necessary
6. Take up capacity building or teaching or other assignments as may be decided by the project lead.
Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview
1. Last date of Receipt of Application: 4th October 2020 (online application only, see below).
2. Interview: The eligible candidates will be communicated by an e-mail and mobile phone to appear for the online interview to be held between the second week of October 2020.
3. Application Procedure: Interested candidates are requested to email their resume to email@example.com mentioning subject line as “Application for the Field Action Research fellow/Senior Field Action Research Fellow position”.
Apply now at http://www.clix.tiss.edu